* note: the oreo cookies in the middle are supposed to be horizontal. i just happened to pick the one cookie that wasn’t! as much as it bothered me, i only made a dozen + 2 cookies and they were promised to others (so i couldn’t cut into another cookie for picture purposes)! i am, however, happy to say i did not spot another cookie that was crooked while spying on those who devoured these babies! i’m not creepy. no i’m not!
the oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie
via lovin’ from the oven
2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 package Oreo cookies (i used the double stuffed oreos)
- cream together the butter and sugars. add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- in a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- slowly add the dry mix to the wet mixture until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- refrigerate the dough for an hour.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- scoop a ball of cookie dough on top of the oreo and another below, sandwiching the oreo in between. flatten the cookie dough and seal the sides, completely covering the oreo.
- place the cookies at least two inches apart on a baking sheet and bake for 9-13 minutes.